CAMBODIAN CHILDREN AGAINST STARVATION AND VIOLENCE (CCASVA)
CCASVA is a nonpartisan, non-religious, non-profit and local non-governmental organization. CCASVA was established in January 1996 by a group of Cambodian student volunteers. The Ministry of the Interior of Kingdom of Cambodia officially registered and recognized CCASVA on September 23rd, 1996 (Permit No- 889) and signed MOU with the Ministry of Social Veteran and Youth- MOSVY. We work to address the needs of vulnerable and victimized children and youth who are exposed to violence, sexual abuse, trafficking, exploitation, drug abuse, and the impacts of HIV/AIDS.
CCASVA has been working in Cambodia for 24 years, since 1996, starting from Phnom Penh and navigates its projects to other four provinces Prey Veng, Kratie; Siem Reap; and Thbong Khmum provinces. CCASVA has operated from Head Office in Phnom Penh with a branch office in the fields. All project expenses are controlled by Finance Department in Phnom Penh head office.
All children in Cambodia are realizing their rights and living in prosperity.
Empowering children and youth to be protected and resilient from all form of abuses and social cohesion.
- Strengthening high quality of effective child protection, care and support service system in community by building strategic partnership with stakeholders to achieve Sustainable Development Goal-SDG 2016-2030 (Especially focus on SDG in 1. No Poverty, 2. Zero Hunger, 3. Good Health and Well-Being, 4. Quality Education, 5. Gender Equity, 13. Climate Action, 16. Peace, Justice, and Strong Institution).
- Strengthening enabling environment for communities to be resilient functioned, vibrant, sustainable and independent.
Our Core Values
- Mutual Respect: CCASVA works to respect and value to target group such as, listen children speaking etc)
- Accountability : CCASVA will ensure and account all activities do in communities to target group and stakeholders)
- Transparency : CCASVA always orients its program at the beginning and ending by conduct project review to reflect the target group need. We always distribute the reports, and newsletter to target group and stakeholders. And we always conduct financial audit every fiscal year.
- Rule of Laws : CCASVA always respect CCASVA′s policies and strategic plan and government′s laws and policies relevant to CCASVA′s work
- Participatory : CCASVA works to help target group to help themselves by promoting target group to be ownership and self-reliance
Child Protection, Care and Support: Strengthening the quality of effective child protection in community, care and support service to be provided to children who do not receive the appropriate care and/or to be protected from violence, sexual abuse and neglect.
Youth’s Empowerment: Empowering Cambodian Youth aged between 15-24 years old who are not able in access public and private employment for their active participation in all aspects of policy, culture, social, economic and civil one for their future’s life.
Safe Migration: Strengthening high quality of information and other supporting documents about migration services to ensure the migrants are in safe.
Vulnerable families affected by disasters and climate changes: Strengthening the roles and responsibilities of CCDM and family members in response to the climate change and climate change adaptation in order to protect their children from disasters and climate changes (DCC).
CCASVA Institutionalization: Strengthening CCASVA institution and staff capacity to be professionalism (along with GPP) and Child Safe organization.
Good Quality of services: Ensuring high quality of effective child protection system, care and support service delivery vulnerable children through child protection network at community, sub-national and national level.
People Empowerment: Empowering disadvantaged groups (youths, migrants, orphans, PLHIV and vulnerable children) in protecting themselves from all form abuses and access to services through their clubs and joint actions.
Law Enforcement: Ensuring the enforcement of relevant international and legal frameworks related to children mainly child protection system at different levels.
Strategic Partnership: Ensuring institutionalized partnership between CCASVA and relevant government, private and civil society Stakeholders.
Effective M&E & Research: Ensuring effective monitoring, evaluation and research on potential issues and program/projects.